Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LG Tvs no internet via wifi

roos5
Guide

LG Tvs no internet via wifi

After activating bridge mode in my modem-router combo from my ISP, I’ve been experiencing connectivity issues with my 2 LG TVs (UM6970PAU and UJ6300), I can connect them via Wifi to my router  but I’m not getting internet access, I’m getting the message “No internet via Wi-Fi”. I tried with my cellphone hotspot and it worked for both TVs. I notice in the network map section that when I turn on one of my tv it goes to the “Online” devices, after 15-20 seconds goes to the “Offline” even though the TV stills connected to the router. I will appreciate your help.

Just FYI, I added a Wi-Fi repeater into my network to get better coverage, all other devices are getting successful connections, directly from my XR500 or the repeater, The TVs are the ones with issues.

Thanks

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

did it work when the gateway wasn't in bridge mode? 

Does it work if the extender is shut off? 

Message 2 of 6
roos5
Guide

Good morning ,

1- Yes, I had one TV connected to the XR500. The second one was connected via the extender which at that time was in AP mode and was feeding via Ethernet from the ISP gateway,. Never got the second TV connected to the XR500.

2- Yes, tried that and didn’t worked.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

It could be the bridge mode not functioning properly. 

Have you tried taking the isp gateway out of bridge mode, disabling its wireless, and then just put the xr500's ip address into its DMZ?

Message 4 of 6
roos5
Guide

That was my previous setup and I was facing double NAT 24/7. In bridge mode everything is working better than ever with my gaming devices ( less lag, better ping, Upnp is finally working, etc) all other devices are getting internet access without any type of problem, the TVs are the ones with issues I don’t understand why.
Message 5 of 6
roos5
Guide

Update: I realized that Netflix works on both TVs, but not anyother app or web browser. TV stills shows " No internet access via Wi-Fi". Tried ethernet with both TVs but no luck. Im not an expert here but these symptons are very familiar to device or ip conflict in a network.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7