Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 failing to connect to R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 router following firmware update

Hawkeye007
Aspirant

Lenovo Yoga 13 failing to connect to R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 router following firmware update

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 running Windows 8.1 that has recently stopped connecting to my home wireless network following a firmware update that was applied to the router.

The Netgear Router is now running firmware V1.0.3.46_1.1.32

All the latest Windows Updates are installed at this time to the laptop.

I have uninstalled the Realtek Network device and the related drivers, rebooted and tested without luck.

This unit sees the networks and if I enter a wrong password, it asks for a re-entry of the correct password.  

When the correct password is entered it says "Checking Network Requirements" then fails with "Can't connect to this network"

None of the troubleshooting services have been successful.

All my other devices connect without any issues so I suspected a windows update may be the cause so I downloaded drivers from Lenovo for the wireless adapter.  Uninstalled the current ones, rebooted, and then installed the Lenove supplied drivers.  Still no joy.

This laptop will connect to my iPhone 6 hotspot without any issues and my neighbours Bell Router so I am suspicious now, that this may be a Netgear issue and not a Lenovo problem.  Having said that, all my other wireless devices including a Lenovo W520 laptop connect to the wireless without issue.

Any other suggestions short of a reinstall of the OS welcomed?

Cheers!

Hawkeye007

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Hawkeye007
Aspirant

Re: Lenovo Yoga 13 failing to connect to R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC 3200 router following firmware update

Ok, problem resolved.
I did a reset to factory settings and restored the configuration from a previous backup of the router.

Not sure why this worked as the firmware is still at the latest update of  V1.0.3.46_1.1.32 but all is well again in WiFi land.

Cheers!

Hawkeye007

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
William10a
Master

Can you check the password that wireless is set for that ssid may have changed on the router or you may need to reset the router.

Message 2 of 4
Hawkeye007
Aspirant

The passwords were changed as part of the troubleshooting in case they had become corrupted.

Message 3 of 4
Hawkeye007
Aspirant

Ok, problem resolved.
I did a reset to factory settings and restored the configuration from a previous backup of the router.

Not sure why this worked as the firmware is still at the latest update of  V1.0.3.46_1.1.32 but all is well again in WiFi land.

Cheers!

Hawkeye007

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7