Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of internet connection to Honeywell thermostat

Jberli
Follower

Loss of internet connection to Honeywell thermostat

I have a nighthawk X10 AD7200 smart Wi-Fi router model r9000. I have a Honeywell Wi-Fi enabled thermostat at my beach house. Using the app I can control temperature and check status. Every month or so I get an error message saying that the internet connection was lost on a specific date and time. When I've traced this, the cable and internet provider says there was no disruption of service at that time. When I arrive back at the house I have to reset the router and modem (unplug) to re-establish the connection.

I also use a Wi-Fi security camera which is disabled during these times. The camera continues to record it formation that I can see on playback, but I cannot access it remotely.

Any ideas on a way to reset the modem and router if this problem happens? The power seems to stay on and all the lights are working when I arrive to fix the problem. Frequent disruptions like this make remote access almost useless.
Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Loss of internet connection to Honeywell thermostat

@Jberli wrote:
I have a nighthawk X10 AD7200 smart Wi-Fi router model r9000. I have a Honeywell Wi-Fi enabled thermostat at my beach house. Using the app I can control temperature and check status. Every month or so I get an error message saying that the internet connection was lost on a specific date and time. When I've traced this, the cable and internet provider says there was no disruption of service at that time. When I arrive back at the house I have to reset the router and modem (unplug) to re-establish the connection.

I also use a Wi-Fi security camera which is disabled during these times. The camera continues to record it formation that I can see on playback, but I cannot access it remotely.

Any ideas on a way to reset the modem and router if this problem happens? The power seems to stay on and all the lights are working when I arrive to fix the problem. Frequent disruptions like this make remote access almost useless.

A couple of thoughts.  In Advanced -> Administration -> Logs, your router logs should show when/if the internet is disconnected or reconnected.  Enable e-mail and send yourself the router logs at the end of each day.

In Advanced -> Setup -> Wireless Setup make sure the option for 20/40 MHz coexistence is not checked.  Most iOT devices seem to get along better with the original 20 MHz wide channels.  Also suggest you manually set a channel for the 2.4 GHz band.  Recommend 1, 6, or 11.

In Advanced -> Advanced Setup  -> Wireless Settings, enable implicit Beamforming and enable MU-MIMO.

Do you have traffic meter, QoS, or parental controls enabled?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7