Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MAC address question

neallangerman
Aspirant

MAC address question

A MAC address is appearing in the devices connected to my Nighthawk. The address is 08:36:C9:9E:35:B3. It is a Netgear item.

I cannot locate any physical device in my home withthat address. My system is running security, with a very strong password and we are physically so far from nearest neighbors that someone else jumping on is unlikely.

How can I find out what this item is? 

Is there some tool I can use to hunt for it?

Thank you in advance.

Neal

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: MAC address question

@neallangerman wrote:

A MAC address is appearing in the devices connected to my Nighthawk. The address is 08:36:C9:9E:35:B3. It is a Netgear item.

I cannot locate any physical device in my home withthat address. My system is running security, with a very strong password and we are physically so far from nearest neighbors that someone else jumping on is unlikely.

Thank you in advance.

Try shutting off your Wi-Fi and see what stops connecting to the internet.

Remember, many devices have more than one MAC address.  One for a 2.4 GHz radio, one for a 5 GHz radio, and one for an Ethernet port.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@neallangerman wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Try shutting off your Wi-Fi and see what stops connecting to the internet.

Remember, many devices have more than one MAC address.  One for a 2.4 GHz radio, one for a 5 GHz radio, and one for an Ethernet port.

Message 2 of 3
neallangerman
Aspirant

Thank you. My EAX80 has 2 MAC addresses, for each of the bsnds.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7