Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NBN SOS-ROC requirements?

PMoonchild
Follower

NBN SOS-ROC requirements?

Back in Feb received this message from my IP:

Hello Jenny,

On 31 March 2022, NBN Co is upgrading NBN FTTB/N services with a requirement for all modems to support a new stability feature called SOS-ROC.

Our records show that you are currently using an NBN modem that may not support SOS-ROC for your NBN service with the username jennyrock2010.

Here’s what you need to do:

• We recommend checking your modem manufacturer’s website to see a firmware update is available that will enable your modem to support SOS-ROC. You can find the make and model of your modem on its barcode sticker.

• Alternatively, you may wish to consider purchasing a new modem which supports SOS-ROC. Our NBN Settings support page will help you understand which features your new modem needs to support in order to work with your NBN FTTB/N connection.

Me now: the reason I bought this router was bc iinet told it would solve my poor upload speeds and constant freezing or dripping out  while attempting to work through zooming.  They told me to buy this router bc they supported it, and their own router wasn’t very good. 
Now my internet is dropping out and they tell me it’s due to the NBN changes.

Have other people encountered this issue? Internet dropping out due to new NBN requirements?
Ive been told that my particular router isn’t capable of this firmware upgrade? V1 is apparently but not V2? Is this true? Bc I’d be pretty pissed if the router I was forced to get which iinet still consider to be an excellent one, is now defunct…. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: NBN SOS-ROC requirements?

1. what router do you have? 

2. your ISP changed their requirements. Netgear didn't force them to. So if you're upset at someone, its the corporation that changed their requirements to force users to upgrade. If they forced this change on you, they should be the ones supplying you with a modem/router since they're phasing yours out. Those features require certain hardware features that have to be built into the cpu on the router. If the router doesn't have those features in hardware, no amount of firmware upgrades will fix it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7