Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed & netTALK Duo with builtin Wifi

edward78
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed & netTALK Duo with builtin Wifi

What is the right way to set this up? Calls only go out most times, a nettalk reset fixes it for a short time. Nettalk tech support is no help.

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed & netTALK Duo with built

What nettalk modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 9
edward78
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router, R6700 - AC1750 Wireless Speed & netTALK Duo with built

netTALK Duo with Built-in WiFi

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

I misunderstood and thought your nettalk was your ISP. 

Its just a voip provider that connects to the router. 

Try going into the router and turning of sip alg. 

How do I disable SIP ALG on my NETGEAR device using the router web interface? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

You can also put the nettalks ip address into the routers DMZ. 

How do I set up a default DMZ server on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 9
edward78
Aspirant

We switched to the Grandstream, a Nettalk tech put in the right changes & it still deosn't work 100% of the time.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

A grandstream? What model

Message 6 of 9
edward78
Aspirant

It is the Nettalk hardware, my dad took the sim out of his phone so it was off of the cell network & turned WiFI on then the Nettalk app still worked when I called.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

So you're saying its an issue with your nettalk hardware and not the netgear? 

Just clarifying. 

Message 8 of 9
edward78
Aspirant

Yes, we had this issue with 2 Nettalk Products, oddly with our TP-Link this barely happened. The issue is the Nettalk hardware though, 1. It happened with them plugged in before the router through a switch. 2. The Nettalk app. works over Wifi, so that seems to say it is not the router.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7