Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help to check and unblock port 25

cks2022
Follower

Need Help to check and unblock port 25

Hi,

I have an issue in sending email from my web application from my home network. I get - access denied error.

I use smtp client and use smtp host and port as 25. This works fine as long as I am at work.

When I am at home in and outside of vpn, and try this, I get access denied error. 

Our IT team says that your ISP might be blocking the port, I checked with the ISP and they asked me to check on my router settings. I checked my router settings in Advanced -> Port Forwarding and could not find any details to see if the port is being blocked.

Need help urgently. 

Model: C6250-1AZNAS|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Need Help to check and unblock port 25

@cks2022 wrote:

Hi,

I have an issue in sending email from my web application from my home network. I get - access denied error.

I use smtp client and use smtp host and port as 25. This works fine as long as I am at work.

When I am at home in and outside of vpn, and try this, I get access denied error. 

Our IT team says that your ISP might be blocking the port, I checked with the ISP and they asked me to check on my router settings. I checked my router settings in Advanced -> Port Forwarding and could not find any details to see if the port is being blocked.

Need help urgently. 

There are a number of web sites you can access that will scan for open ports through your router.  I use the DuckDuckGo search engine.  See here:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=port+scanning&t=newext&atb=v167-1&ia=web  

The Port Forwarding section of your configuration is where you would go to open a specific port.  Use port forwarding with caution.  If you do not know what you are doing, you can easily compromise an entire network.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Need Help to check and unblock port 25

Might help to know what your actual setup is? 

what router do you have? 

what firmware is on it? 

what modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7