Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need detailed IP traffic monitoring

MillerTime79
Novice

Need detailed IP traffic monitoring

I bought the Nighthawk R7000 router for my parents' house and they love it. However, I'm disappointed about it's rather simplistic traffic monitoring tools. The only info. I can get from the stock browser GUI is some basic IP traffic metering such as daily, weekly, and monthly totals passing through the router.

For the past 6 months, I've been keeping a monthly log of their Internet usage (they have Comcast 50 Mbps service) and been noticing a steadily increasing rise in usage from around 60 GB of total traffic in June 2014 to now around 200 GB for Nov. 2014. I asked them if they have been using more bandwidth-heavy apps like watching YouTube videos, but they both say their general usage is about the same as back in the summer. Something strange is afoot. They have some devices that I suspect may be using a lot of this traffic --- such as (2) MagicJacks for their VoIP home phone use, as well as an Apple TV and DISH Hopper w/Sling satellite receiver.

Is there DD-WRT firmware I can use on the R7000 to get detailed IP traffic stats for every device connected to the router (both wired + wireless)? If so, what is it? I've been hearing the Kong builds are the most stable, but do they have this detailed IP traffic logging functionality that I seek?

Here is a sample screenshot of an ASUS router using Tomato firmware to show the kind of detailed IP traffic report by device that I am looking for:

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
sir_bazz
Guide

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
sir_bazz
Guide

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors