Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

ehansigno
Follower

Need help picking out a new home router with wifi 6

Hey all, I have a Netgear nighthawk and it's been crap. I upgraded to 1gb internet and after having spectrum test the outside lines, inside limes, modem, cables, everything, problem lies with the router. I tried every online solution and even connection directly and on wifi I can't get above 400. Even downgrading the firmware. I'm done with it.

I want a new wifi 6 or wifi 6e for wifi as close to 1gbps as I can get, but I'm not sure what to get. I always Google and every article gives me different results/recommends and then when I look up those recommends, other sites, Google reviews, Amazon reviews, best buy reviews etc say different and I'm not sure what to believe.

I was thinking about getting the new eero pro 6 (getting 2 for the size of the space) since I heard nothing but great things (and they are on sale), but wanted to ask on here.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Just an fyi, it isn't usually the router that's the bottleneck in wifi speeds. 

So even if you have a Wifi 6 router that'll be able to hit 1gbps speeds over wifi, your phone/tablet might not be able to do so. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7