Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Needs a router with 128 devices access control by entering mac addresses

haribco
Aspirant

Needs a router with 128 devices access control by entering mac addresses

Dear All

I am looking for a wifi router which can be access control for more than 100 devices by entering mac addresses. 

I am working in a company and staying in company accommodation where the people 200, I have internet connection I would like to share the same for some people. When ever I bought a new router it's limiting 24 or max 32 devices after that I can't enter the device mac addresses. So please suggest me which router I can buy that have more than 100 device limit for wifi or wired.

Message 1 of 4

@haribco wrote:

When ever I bought a new router it's limiting 24 or max 32 devices after that I can't enter the device mac addresses.

No idea what you bought, but that is not my experience.

I doubt if the Mac address matters so much as the number of devices you can connect to a network.

Perhaps these will help:

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How many devices can my Orbi system support? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Then look for a device that has the access control that you want. It may be that you need something that falls into the "business" category.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

You will not find a router that supports so many devices, certainly not a NETGEAR. You'll have to look a step higher at commercial devices and forget home routers, which are mostly limited to 32 or 64 max devices

Message 3 of 4
haribco
Aspirant

Can you suggest me at least 64 devices support home router please.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7