Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear Model C7000v2 some devices connect and others connect but don't have internet access

fivebadgers
Aspirant

NetGear Model C7000b2 some devices connect and others connect but don't have internet access

Our internet access disconnected on our iphones and samsung TVs.  We have two dell laptops that still connect with internet access as well as a Macbook that has stayed connected.  When trying to reconnect with any of the iphones or an additional Dell laptop it takes us to the Net Gear Admin Login site requesting to change the Admin Password?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
fivebadgers
Aspirant

NetGear Model C7000v2 some devices connect and others connect but don't have internet access

Our internet access disconnected on our iphones and samsung TVs.  We have two dell laptops that still connect with internet access as well as a Macbook that has stayed connected.  When trying to reconnect with any of the iphones or an additional Dell laptop it takes us to the Net Gear Admin Login site requesting to change the Admin Password?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NetGear Model C7000b2 some devices connect and others connect but don't have internet access

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Be sure that for mobile phones or pads, any MAC Address randomizers are disables while at home:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 3 of 4
fivebadgers
Aspirant

Re: NetGear Model C7000b2 some devices connect and others connect but don't have internet access

Thanks for the advice.

We have not done a reset in a long time, maybe since original install.  I am definitely a novice user.

Many strange things appear to have happened.  When trying to login to Netgear last night the current router was not showing in our account and only the previous netgear router.

The prompts when connecting to the network with phones were requesting us to change the Admin Password.  I changed the admin password this am from my phone and my phone a laptop and WiFi thermostat all reconnected including internet access.  

I am awaiting confirmation from the family that other devices reconnected and plan to log back into Netgear when I get home tonight to see if my connected router is now visible again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7