Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000

Buffalo1438
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000

Greetings all!...

I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router just over 1 year ago...I haven't had trouble with it until last night when I simply lost internet connection to all devices in the house with a snap of a finger!.

I now have 2 solid white lights at the far left end of the "lighting bar" that goes across the top front of the router unit....there is normally about 5 white lights on at all times 

I have tried all the usual fixes...unplugging router...resetting the router with the reset button...unplugging cable modem...making sure all connections are secure...all good...and I do have an internet signal as I am online now with a cable from my modem directly to my laptop typing this.

Does anyone have any suggestions that don't require an advanced degree...I about ready to just buy a new one.

HELP!

Buffalo1

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000

Are you able to access the routers web page at 192.168.1.1 with a wired PC and web browser after pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did you press the WiFi button on stop of the router for 5 seconds to see if the wifi radio LEDs turn on? 

Message 2 of 3
Buffalo1438
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000

Thank you for taking the time to give me a hand...it is much appreciated!...I am sitting down now to give it all a try...I will let you know.

Again...much thanks! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7