Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R7900 Can't Access Router

sdmiller50
Follower

Netgear R7900 Can't Access Router

I am in a rural area and have a really flaky broadband company that needs me to disconnect the 5GHZ on my router to keep from interfering with their signal.  I am trying to access the router so that I can do that but when I go to routerlogin.net from a browser, using admin for the username and the correct password, it won't let me in.  I am 100% sure the password is correct.

I have also used Netgear Genie and was able to connect to the router and see the settings but there isn't an option to turn off the 5GHZ radio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear R7900 Can't Access Router

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update using a wired PC and web browser pointed at 192.168.1.1? 

To make any advanced changes to the routers configuration, you have to log into the routers web page using a PC and web browser. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

What broadband device do they have that they say your 5ghz signal is interfering with theirs? 

And are you using their service? 

Is it a point to point service? 

Message 3 of 4

@sdmiller50 wrote:

I have also used Netgear Genie and was able to connect to the router and see the settings but there isn't an option to turn off the 5GHZ radio.

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Two things to start with, your router supports Smart Connect. Enable that and any wifi client will see a single SSID. You might have to disable Smart Connect before you can turn off the 5 GHz wifi.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the manual for your hardware.

Look for Enable or Disable Smart Connect

To get at the 5 GHz control, check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7