Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R8000p ReadyShare - USB drive must be removed and reconnected constantly

Seamus83
Aspirant

Netgear R8000p ReadyShare - USB drive must be removed and reconnected constantly

Hi

I just started using a USB pen drive in my Netgear R8000p and although it works, sort of, I always need to remove the USB drive and reconnect it to be able to view anything on the drive remotely. I can connect to ReadyShare but nothing on the drive including the ReadyShare files in the root directory can be seen. I haven't used the ReadyShare remote connection for more than a few minutes at a time so I'm not sure how long the drive is available each time after reconnecting again.

Logging into the router admin page and going to ReadyShare shows the drive as available and with the correct amount of total and free space, even though the files are not viewable remotely.

Has anyone else experienced similar and found out the problem/solution?

Best

Seamus

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Seamus83
Aspirant

Re: Netgear R8000p ReadyShare - USB drive must be removed and reconnected constantly

Anyone able to help with this? Is there some power management maybe for the USB that turns off the USB drive? Being a pen drive, it won't be self powered. Thanks, Seamus

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear R8000p ReadyShare - USB drive must be removed and reconnected constantly

@Seamus83 wrote:

Is there some power management maybe for the USB that turns off the USB drive?

There is no power management or shutdown for USB connected storage devices on the routers to my knowledge.

@Seamus83 wrote:

Being a pen drive, it won't be self powered.

What USB storage device is it then - if not self (USB Bus) powered? Yes, I've seen some USB storage blocks having some smart (read - uncontrolled by the USB host) which shutdown if unused for some time. On this USB storage block class, this "feature" must be disabled using some proprietary application or the like.

Message 3 of 4
Seamus83
Aspirant

Yeah, sorry, I meant it doesn't have an external power source and draws power from the USB slot.

So if it isn't something like this, I'd love to know why the USB drive needs to keep being reinserted in order for the files to become visible via ReadyShare.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7