Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R8500 WAN Bandwidth Issue

kaitech
Aspirant

Netgear R8500 WAN Bandwidth Issue

I have an R8500 router running V1.0.2.100_1.0.82 and my ISP provides 500/50Mb. I get 530/50 when my PC is connected directly to the modem, but when going through the router (wired using exact same cable in both scenarios) I don't.

Factory reseting the router makes it work at full bandwidth initially, but it drops to 200/50Mb soon after the factory reset.

(Before you ask, there are no other devices using up the bandwidth connected, I've made sure of that)

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kaitech
Aspirant

Re: Netgear R8500 WAN Bandwidth Issue

Solved the issue. Had to disable dynamic QoS... 

Odd, after enabling dynamic QoS, the built in speedtest function would show half the bandwidth too. That pretty much defeats the purpose, because it always under values the available badnwidth.

I guess I'll be running without QoS in that case. Netgear needs to fix this...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
kaitech
Aspirant

Odd, after enabling dynamic QoS, the built in speedtest function would show half the bandwidth too. That pretty much defeats the purpose, because it always under values the available badnwidth.

I guess I'll be running without QoS in that case. Netgear needs to fix this...

Message 2 of 4

@kaitech wrote:

Well done, that was going to be a suggestion. You are not the first to discover this.

I chip in only to suggest that you might like to mark your problem, as solved. That might help someone who turns up here with a similar issue.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7