Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear WAX 610 & Nighthawk RAX200

markfMK
Guide

Netgear WAX 610 & Nighthawk RAX200

Hi,
I’ve just purchase a WAX610 AP and connected to my new Netgear switch. Performance wise it’s great.

My switch is currently connected to my existing BT Home Hub 2 which I’m looking to replace, possibly with the RAX200.

With WAX610 this is managed by the Insight App, but limited overal controls like on the Circle app.

Anyone have experience of using these two devices together?

End goal would be to have 2x WAX610 and Nighthawk RAX200 as router.

Would the circle app manage parental controls across all devices ? Is this the correct approach.

Thanks in advance and happy Christmas
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear WAX 610 & Nighthawk RAX200

The BT home hub 2 is a dsl modem/router combo device and not just router. The RAX200 is a router but not a modem. You can't just replace the bt hub with the RAX if you're needing the modem capabilities of the bt hub.
Message 2 of 5
markfMK
Guide

Thanks for replying. I’ve got fttp and the Ethernet goes into the WAN port of the BT home hub. So I’ll be able to repeat this setup with the RAX I believe as that also has a WAN. Worst case I still have the separate modem box.

My question was more around how the RAX router would interact with the WAX AP?
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've never used an insight AP with my RAX200 so I can't speak about how well they'd integrate together. 

I do know they wouldn't function as a mesh with the RAX/WAX. 

For the price of an RAX200 and 2x WAX210's, why not go with a Orbi or nighthawk mesh setup? 

If you have a wired backhaul, and are wanting AX, why not go with the nighthawk MK63 system?

the WAX610 is a 2x2 access point with AX1800. 

The MK62/3 system is a ax1800 and when ran with wired backhaul still functions as a mesh. It'd be comparable fronthaul specs (other than business class vs consumer)

Or even going with the orbi RBK753 if you're wanting the option of wired backhaul and orbi integration. 

both would be cheap options and integrate better. 

both MK63/RBK753 have netgear armor options

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

sorry, wax610 not 210 I put in the first part.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7