Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear's Nighthawk Router proving very quickly to be moderately priced garbage.........

HenryHawk
Follower

Netgear's Nighthawk Router proving very quickly to be moderately priced garbage.........

I utilize Windows OS because it's user friendly.  It's someone else's job to write software and perform repairs, should that be necessary. I feel the same way about Netgear. Why share this information? Judging by the response I received from Netgear Support and its Community Help Forum after recenly purchasing an AC1750 Nighthawk Router (R6700v3), it seems apparent that Netgear confuses itself with being in the same class as Microsoft.  (Smug and pompus Netgear employees who masquerade as "do-gooders" volunteering their time? Ha.)  Bloatware at this stage of the game is expected with Windows. A router that's creates problems right out of the box?  I don't think so.  Take a seat on the bench Netgear, you shouldn't have even shown up for the game. 

<br>

<br>

I just visited ConsumerReports.org.  There wasn't a product review available on their website for my model router....or was there? Heard of the Netgear AC1750 (R6400)?  Me neither.  So glad that the Netgear is familiar with the publication that American consumers often read as part of their informed decision making process prior to completing their purchase(s) of new 'things'.  I can't imagine the type of person, save for the Netgear employee who is 'wowed' by stock options in their employment offer/agreement, who'd willingly invest a dollar into this company. 

<br>

<br>

What I just described speaks volumes about how this company is managed AND the existance of what is obviously a "we don't give a flying f**k" company culture.  I have such a difficult time believing that $400 was the manufacturer's suggested retail price of this blinking slower-than- molasses POS 

<br>

<br>

There's quite a bit of garbage in San Jose.  This company and its "No, don't call the police." telephone support d-bag must compliment it well.

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
antinode
Guru

Re: Netgear's Nighthawk Router proving very quickly to be moderately priced garbage.........

> Judging by the response I received from Netgear Support and its
> Community Help Forum after recenly purchasing an AC1750 Nighthawk Router
> (R6700v3), [...]

General readers here have no access to your interaction with Netgear
support.  Your only Community posting before today was misguided and/or
foolish, and got what looked to me like reasonable responses (before
mine).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/2101600

This rant is incoherent, and generally information-free.  Why should
anyone waste his time with it?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors