Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netword Performance issuse

kbjornfors
Aspirant

Netword Performance issuse

I have a 1000/100 fiber connection to my house and when I connect my laptop direct to the connection point, I get around 980/97 Mbit/s.

When I connect the R8000 X6 wan-port to the connection point, I get around 420/97 bit/s maximum at the lan-port. I use dhcp towards ISP.

Is it a faulty Router, bad configuration or is it normal for that model.

Sincerely / Kjell

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
kbjornfors
Aspirant

Re: Netword Performance issuse

The problem is solved. There was some issue with the wlan. I have five AP, five switches and one router in my big house. When I reconfigured my r8000 fr.o.m. scratch with another ssid for the wlan and disconnected the rest of the network I got 965 Mbit/s down. Then I carefully configured and connected the other units. Now I have finished the network and the result is stunning. The throughput from internet is better than 950 Mbit/s all over the wired part of the network. Nearly three times what it was when I started.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

What features have you enabled on the router?  QoS, port forwarding, traffic meter, site blocking, MAC address cloning and PPPoE will all disable hardware acceleration and force the router's CPU to handle all traffic.  Unfortunately, the CPU can't forward at Gigabit rates.  If you can, disable all of those feature and reboot the router.

Message 2 of 7
kbjornfors
Aspirant

There are no features enabled. Even the WiFi is dissabled.

I started from scratch with factory default to be sure there was nothing left that could downgrade the performance.

Testen an old WNR3200L v2 at there I get  675 Mbit/s down.

Also have an old Tecnicolor TG 799v2 vdsl/router from my old isp here in Sweden and there I get 845 Mbit/s down.

Message 3 of 7
TheEther
Guru

Is AP Mode enabled?

Message 4 of 7
kbjornfors
Aspirant

The problem is solved. There was some issue with the wlan. I have five AP, five switches and one router in my big house. When I reconfigured my r8000 fr.o.m. scratch with another ssid for the wlan and disconnected the rest of the network I got 965 Mbit/s down. Then I carefully configured and connected the other units. Now I have finished the network and the result is stunning. The throughput from internet is better than 950 Mbit/s all over the wired part of the network. Nearly three times what it was when I started.

Message 5 of 7
TheEther
Guru

Did you figure out what caused the performance issue?

Message 6 of 7
kbjornfors
Aspirant

I think it was caused of a bad frequency planning of the wlan and there was a lot of internal traffic in the network. Even when the radio was of in the r8000 the performance was bad. But when I disconnected the rest of the network it was ok. Then I carefully rebuilded the disconnected part and connected it again and I was happy again. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7