Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New R7000 user ...Best Buy price match

RMinNJ
Luminary

New R7000 user ...Best Buy price match

So I sent my refurbished ASUS RT-AC68P back as it was losing its WAN connection...great range with that router but I did not want to try to figure out if was a good or bad unit..

I was evaluating an older Linksys EA6900..since it got good reviews on smallnetbuilder.. this because I've have good luck with Linksys routers..   The range was not quite as good as the ASUS.

From smallnetbuilder   the R7000 seems to keep coming up with the best 5Ghz range.   More money than I wanted to spend ..

Looking I saw it was on sale on Best Buy's site.   But also it said they would price match other places  so long as they were a reputable place and not a private seller like Amazon marketplace or ebay.

So  I went down to to my local Best Buy printouts in hand of all the online places/prices I found the R7000.   To my surprise they matched  the cheapest printout I had..

Setup was simply and uneventful on my windows PC.    It said it had the latest firmware.   So far it seems to have just as much 5Ghz

range as the ASUS..  2.4 is higher than the Ea6900  (which wasn't bad at all).

Guess I'll go with this.   I just wanted to give a folks another source for this router.

I hope it's reliable and last as long as my old Linksys routers (N300 and E2500)..  have people run with the R7000 for years?

Thanks.

RMinNJ

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: New R7000 user ...Best Buy price match

Had mine almost 2 yrs now.  Solid and very reliable.   

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Pluto8
Apprentice

I had the R7000 for 9 months now, and have not had any problems with it. It gives me greate range. A couple of weeks ago there was a good offer for this router, so I bought a second unit and set it up as an access point (previously I had an old WNDR3700 as access point). Works great.

Both R7000’s are running the up till now “good” firmware version: 1.0.4.30. So do not upgrade firmware before Netgear comes with a new good version (check this forum).

Message 2 of 5
jmfrankel
Tutor

Funny you should bring up Best Buy's price match policy, RMinNJ - they matched Amazon's lower price when I bought the R7000 2 1/2 months ago. The R7000 has exceeded my expectations. The range is a noticeable improvement over my prior router, a Netgear DGND4000. The router has not lost its connection once since I bought it. Unlike with the DGND4000, I now have no problem printing to wired printers from my wireless clients. Compared to many others who post on this forum, I have moderate bandwidth needs and don't need the latest technology. The R7000 hit the sweet spot for me. 

Message 3 of 5

Had mine almost 2 yrs now.  Solid and very reliable.   

Message 4 of 5
RMinNJ
Luminary

Thanks for the info everyone..  I just found the log section of the router and am pleased it tells me things.

I'm going to stick with this.. so far so good.      Linksys 6900 going back.    Refurbished Asus  sent back.  

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7