Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New R7800 will not connect to Brother printer

Geese1
Aspirant

New R7800 will not connect to Brother printer

I just bought a new Netgear R7800 this morning, and have been able to get everything set up and working except for my printer.

I currently use a Brother HL-2275DW using a wired ethernet cable into the router, and while it was working fine for my previous Asus router, on the Netgear it never fully connects. The router always shows the LAN port, whichever one I choose, as amber (never goes solid white), and the printer status on the comptuer shows as offline. 

I've tried restarting the router, the computer, and of course the printer, all with no success. 

I've deleted the printers from Windows and redownload the drivers, but when I go to install them it will not allow me to continue as it does not see a printer connected to the network.

So basically, I'm stuck and can't do much because the router seems to not be recognizing the printer. It does see it as an attached device, but will not fully connect to it.

Running Windows 10 by the way, with the Anniversary upodate.

Any help you guys could give would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: New R7800 will not connect to Brother printer

An amber light is fine.  It means that the port is running at 100 Mbps, which is the speed of the printer's port.

Try resetting the printer.  The instructions are here.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

An amber light is fine.  It means that the port is running at 100 Mbps, which is the speed of the printer's port.

Try resetting the printer.  The instructions are here.

Message 2 of 3
Geese1
Aspirant

Thanks for the link. Resetting the printer did the trick, and I after that the printer could be seen again and I was able to reload the software. Everthing seems to be working fine now.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series