Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk X6 R800 vs NightHawk XR500 and the winner is....

Lokkinatukid
Follower

NightHawk X6 R800 vs NightHawk XR500 and the winner is....

Got a household with 5 heavy streamers/gamers and I havn't gotten into the mesh thing yet.  My setup revolves around using a Nighthawk XR500 as the main gateway/SSID, with wired access points provided by a mix of R7000's  and a R8000.  Running flat out I think that we could only pull 90mbs but the good coverage made up for the latency. Then  My XR500 decided to change its ip, lock me out, and resist all attempts to physically  hard reset. Basically died, so I had to redeploy the R8000 as the main gateway/SSID. Once I'd finished testing channels and port fowards etc the household all immediatelthy reported better performance, less lag, generally a better experience. Testing the speed we were now pulling 110mbs and better. I can't see how an older machine with a presumably slower processor can handle the task better but there you have it. My winrate has climed.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Cartman
Guide

Re: NightHawk X6 R800 vs NightHawk XR500 and the winner is....

I tried to do a comparison of both machines on the comparison section on the NG website but the XR500 stats wouldnt come up for some reason. Love my R8000 great machine

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Eric_Cartman
Guide

Re: NightHawk X6 R800 vs NightHawk XR500 and the winner is....

I tried to do a comparison of both machines on the comparison section on the NG website but the XR500 stats wouldnt come up for some reason. Love my R8000 great machine

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7