Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk X6 R8000 and 2.4 anomaly

sunspotmom
Aspirant

NightHawk X6 R8000 and 2.4 anomaly

Cross posted. They suggested I try this group. Thanks for any help. I'll try suggestions tomorrow morning.

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.68_10.1.75

other than NightHawwk X6 R8000 I don't know a model #. photo included of back.

I tried the latest fw and had to revert - for some reason my internet was sporadic.That could be when this issue started as well. Anyway...

Trying to reconnect our 2.4 thermostat to network that had previously been fine. This has been off network for a couple months.

So far I've been able to connect it by disabling security on the 2.4 . Reenabled and today fell off the network again

I heard that the pw must not contain extended characters. Mine had digits - changed it on the 2.4. I've not been successful yet.

I also gave it an ip address on the router. Interestingly it was given 192.168.1.100, but it connected yesterday.

Typing this as I try things. There is no way to "reboot" the therm. without unplugging and replugging to the wall. Then it starts Wiifii setup.  At that point, it is not getting an IP address - THAT'S THE ISSUE.

I will try changing 2.4 to channel 1, 6, or 11 as someone suggested.

I've heard about using a wiifii hot spot and I will try that next.

and changing the 20/40 setting. Is that worth trying?

Any suggestions? Buy a new 5G thermostat? Leave 2.4 unsecure? (I don't think so). Try updating firmware again?

Thanks to all.

Honeywell RTH8500WF -- I tried Honeywell support already and they are idiots.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
sunspotmom
Aspirant

Re: NightHawk X6 R8000 and 2.4 anomaly

In the end 

Implicit beam forming is disabled

2.4 is on channel 6

I returned my pw to original - so I didn't have to possibly fix other things (Like my printer which I got going again) and I will check it and pray it stays connected.

Let me know if any of this helps you.

The end. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
sunspotmom
Aspirant

I'm unable to edit my own post above. @Furry 

Message 2 of 8
sunspotmom
Aspirant

So, this morning after contemplating and procrastinating and poking around --- I noticed a checkbox that was checked (at the bottom of the advanced wireless settings page) enable implicit BEAMFORMING.  I unchecked rebooted. Tried unplug/replug therm. and it worked!!!

Now I need to decide do I keep the other changes I made? re: pw without special characters and changed channel from auto to 6. 

I also realize that I need to wait and make sure that it STAYS connected, but the actual process went smooth like butter. I will keep my fingers crossed. 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
sunspotmom
Aspirant

I would also like to add that my viewpoint on having to disable this "feature" is disheartening.  Does'nt disabling defeat the purpose of this dual band router? My 2 cents.

BTW I am hoping this works and also helps someone else.  I've seen a lot of posts related.

Message 4 of 8
sunspotmom
Aspirant

In the end 

Implicit beam forming is disabled

2.4 is on channel 6

I returned my pw to original - so I didn't have to possibly fix other things (Like my printer which I got going again) and I will check it and pray it stays connected.

Let me know if any of this helps you.

The end. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a compatiblity problem with this one device and the router. Possible age of the device. Something to consider a updated or newer generation version of this devcie if thats something available. 

Message 6 of 8
sunspotmom
Aspirant

Idk, I had to rework my wiifii printer suddenly also.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure printers FW is updated as well. Check with the printers Mfr for additional help and information regarding there product. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7