Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 troubles

DJM200
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 troubles

Hello 

EAch time i turn on my computer which is wired to the router I get an error message "Control Center Installation is incompleter Please reinstall again"

It had been working just fine and all of sudden this appear . 

Is it an issue ? What do I do to fix it . 

my Firmware Version is  V1.0.7.2_1.1.93

When I went to check on the firmware update it said there was firm ware V1.0.1.22-1.0.15 zip availble. hmmm.

I think this is an older version than I already have , is that correct?

HOw do I fix this pop up 

Thanks for any help .I am not the greatest with these things 

Doug 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 troubles

Well done. As suspected, it was not really the R7000 but the stuff surrounding it.

Did you try reinstalling the newer version after you cleaned out the old one?

The message you saw sounds like something wonky in the setup. Now that you have sorted that out, perhaps installing it afresh would work.

Start from scratch, and do everything that you need to do to add the printer and see if that works.

At least you know how to recover if that does not give you control over the printer.

Or start another discussion about getting the printer to work. This one could mislead people because it is about mysterious popups.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies

Is there anything that tells you that this is a router issue?

Google suggests that any number of factors could be involved.

A local search also shows that this has also come up hare before:

Control Center Installation - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 12
DJM200
Aspirant

The pop up message I get is titled Netgear USB control center and the message is Control cente installation is incomplete Please reinstall. I comes up each time I turn on the computer. so I guess it is related to the router. 

Message 3 of 12

What about the stuff mentioned in the other discussion that I linked to?

Message 4 of 12

@DJM200 wrote:

The pop up message I get is titled Netgear USB control center and the message is Control cente installation is incomplete Please reinstall. I comes up each time I turn on the computer. so I guess it is related to the router. 

Do not be confused by seeing a message that shouts Netgear at you. It may have nothing to do with your router.

When you boot your PC, it does a couple of things that may involve the router.

First it connects to your local network and the Internet. If your PC is properly configured and all the drivers are there in Windows, this should not involve anything Netgear. (Even if there are problems, Netgear has nothing to do with them because Windows handles that bit.) It just looks at your local environment and makes the connection.

The PC also loads a bunch of software that has not much, if anything, to do with the network. The router doesn't need software. So your first challenge is to look in the startup routine for anything that launches software that might produce that message.

It could be a utility that monitors and manages your Internet/network connections. It could be anything.

Message 5 of 12
DJM200
Aspirant

ok so it could be i the start up routine. hmm

My internet connections come into the router first then I have a cable to the computer. 

Is that an issue ?

I tried trouble shooting with internet connection and windows did not find a problem . 

I did have a issue just prior to this alert showing up that the printer spooler was not working and I replaced my printer with an old HP colour jet 2600n which is old and isnot capable of  network router supported remote printing . 

Maybe that is the issue .

Where would Look to find the problem . 

Or is it a problem I should just ignore .

I struggle with all of  this . I can follow direction but my knowlegde is limited.

Thanks once again for thinking about my issue. 

DJM

Message 6 of 12
DJM200
Aspirant

Also had you sent a link prior of possible other solutions I did not get it if  you did or missed it if you did.

Thanks

Doug

Message 7 of 12

@DJM200 wrote:
I did have a issue just prior to this alert showing up that the printer spooler was not working and I replaced my printer with an old HP colour jet 2600n which is old and isnot capable of  network router supported remote printing . 

Maybe that is the issue .

That seems highly likely. It is in line with the message that I pointed you at in an earlier answer. I found it by searching this forum.

Here it is again:

Control Center Installation - NETGEAR Communities

Read the messages at the end of that link. They relate to earlier reports of the issue that you raised. They are nearly two years old, but the advice is probably still valid.

Read the response from RogerSC.

Then get the software you need from here:

NETGEAR Support | Downloads | R7000

Message 8 of 12

@DJM200 wrote:

I did not get it if  you did or missed it if you did.

It is still there.

Message 9 of 12
DJM200
Aspirant

So I tried down loading utility version 1.0.50.500 and it did not correct the pop up 

so then I down loaded the Printer utility version 1.36 for window and tried installing a new verision . And it did not correct the issue of the pop up. 

So then I wondered as I read in the log whether I really need it so I tried deleting printer utility version 1.36 and guest what I do not get the pop up anymore. 

I still cant print remotely to my old HP 2600n but what the hell at least I do not get the pop of from the control center that the installation is imcomplete . 

Thanks for your help . 

I guess netgear is not as user friendly as they make it out to be. 

Message 10 of 12

Well done. As suspected, it was not really the R7000 but the stuff surrounding it.

Did you try reinstalling the newer version after you cleaned out the old one?

The message you saw sounds like something wonky in the setup. Now that you have sorted that out, perhaps installing it afresh would work.

Start from scratch, and do everything that you need to do to add the printer and see if that works.

At least you know how to recover if that does not give you control over the printer.

Or start another discussion about getting the printer to work. This one could mislead people because it is about mysterious popups.

Message 11 of 12
DJM200
Aspirant

I deleted it and reloaded and it and no pop up.

So I decided to load netgear usb controller app to see if I could get the printer working through the router 

the app in there on the computer wired  to the router and t he lap top but the printer is not seen by the app either. 

So have made progress with your help 

thank you very much 

I will start a new thread about this . 

Thanks for your help 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series