Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Purchased in Jan. 2015, never have updated. How/what should I update now?

Beatles1964
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Purchased in Jan. 2015, never have updated. How/what should I update now?

I purchased the Nighthawk in January 2015. Never update it (because due to travel was away more than 7 months per year.) Now finally home and would like to download/install needed updates. What should I do to update it? Thank you.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Purchased in Jan. 2015, never have updated. How/what should I update no

Go here, download the latest firmware and follow the instructions in the ZIP file or the online manual to update the firmware.  Use an Ethernet connection to perform the update.  

It's strongly recommended for you to perform a factory reset after you update the firmware.  Then reconfigure by hand.  Don't load settings saved from a backup file because they are likely to be incompatible.  Write down the settings before you update.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Purchased in Jan. 2015, never have updated. How/what should I update no

Go here, download the latest firmware and follow the instructions in the ZIP file or the online manual to update the firmware.  Use an Ethernet connection to perform the update.  

It's strongly recommended for you to perform a factory reset after you update the firmware.  Then reconfigure by hand.  Don't load settings saved from a backup file because they are likely to be incompatible.  Write down the settings before you update.

Message 2 of 3
Beatles1964
Aspirant

Great! Thank you for your advise. Very much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7