Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000)- Disable Admin Access Option on Wireless?

Potroast1999
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000)- Disable Admin Access Option on Wireless?

I don't see an option in the router config that would limit admin access to only hard-wired ports on the unit rather than wireless access. I have had other routers in the past that allowed this feature. Am I missing it, or is it not an option for this unit?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Potroast1999
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000)- Disable Admin Access Option on Wireless?

Thanks. That is really unfortunate as it is a great extra layer of protection that the user can control. Many of the competitors in this space have that opton.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000)- Disable Admin Access Option on Wireless?

Not seen it on any NG router I've owned over the years.

Don't use the default UID and PW I guess and don't give it out. Don't let your browser save them either for that location/IP Address.

Message 2 of 3
Potroast1999
Aspirant

Thanks. That is really unfortunate as it is a great extra layer of protection that the user can control. Many of the competitors in this space have that opton.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7