Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AC2300 settings

sharrick
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC2300 settings

When I am setting up my router out of the box and I am online,  where are the settings for the router located...in the router itself or on my computer in the "routerlogin" site.

I have an older NG router which I am replacing. If i want to re-hookup the old router, will the settings show up @ the "routerlogin" location or will I have to re-install it.  Thanks and confused.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Settings are stored locally on the router itself, either in config files or in the NVRAM or both. You cannot transfer settings between different models. If you have a new router, you'll have to set it up from scratch

if you hook up your old router, it'll display its own settings when you go to its Web GUI. Same thing for the new one

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Settings are stored locally on the router itself, either in config files or in the NVRAM or both. You cannot transfer settings between different models. If you have a new router, you'll have to set it up from scratch

if you hook up your old router, it'll display its own settings when you go to its Web GUI. Same thing for the new one

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7