Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AC2600/Model R7450 router drops connection on IOS Devices. Microsoft products work fin

LarryBama
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC2600/Model R7450 router drops connection on IOS Devices. Microsoft products work fine

We recently purchased the Netgear CM1000v2 Cable Modem and the Nighthawk AC2600/R7450 WiFi router.

We are experiencing WiFi signal drops every 5 minutes with our IOS devices. Our Microsoft products (Dell Laptop & Microsoft Surfact Pro 4) stay connected without interruption. 

IOS Device

iphone 6

iphone 7

iPad (2)

Technical support has been notified 4 times. All they do is change our router settings. Need this resolved ASAP.

Our neighbor next door has the exact same hardware configuration and all their iOS devices work fine. 

our Mediacom cable provider came out 3 times and report no problems.

Please
 help us

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC2600/Model R7450 router drops connection on IOS Devices. Microsoft products work fin

What firmware version is on the R7450?

Have you noticed if its specific to a band? By this I mean do you notice if its dropping more on 2.4hz or 5ghz?

Message 2 of 5
LarryBama
Aspirant

Firmware version V1.2.0.76_1.0.1

this happens with both 2.5 and 5 ghz. 
If I'm using 2.4 when the signal drops I immediately go into settings and click on 5 ghz. I'm about 8' from the router...

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

2 things you can try with the R7450. 

1. The firmware or a setting could be corrupt. Try reinstalling the current version over a hardwired connection. Then do a factory reset and do a clean install. That'd clear out both a corrupt firmware/setting issues. 

If that hdoesn't help, then try actually downgrading the firmware a version or 2. Maybe the version you're on introduced a bug. 

Message 4 of 5
LarryBama
Aspirant

Thank you. I have to leave for awhile but will this later today. I will also update my status...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7