Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 Tri-band WiFi Router (R8000P) Firmware won't update

emciver79
Follower

Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 Tri-band WiFi Router (R8000P) Firmware won't update

Looking for some help here.  My firmware hasn't been auto-updating even though I have that setup in my settings.  When I click the firmware update button on the admin page, continue to get "cannot connect to netgear server" error.  I went to website, downloaded latest firmware file, then went into admin and manually uploaded the file.  The process seemed to go through, it reset my router, but the firmware doesn't show updated.  

Anyone have any other tips for me to get this firmware to update?

I am on firmware version: V1.4.1.50_1.3.10

New firmware version file I downloaded was:  1.4.4.94_1.3.56

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 Tri-band WiFi Router (R8000P) Firmware won't update

@emciver79 wrote:

Looking for some help here.  My firmware hasn't been auto-updating even though I have that setup in my settings.  When I click the firmware update button on the admin page, continue to get "cannot connect to netgear server" error.  I went to website, downloaded latest firmware file, then went into admin and manually uploaded the file.  The process seemed to go through, it reset my router, but the firmware doesn't show updated.  

Anyone have any other tips for me to get this firmware to update?

I am on firmware version: V1.4.1.50_1.3.10

New firmware version file I downloaded was:  1.4.4.94_1.3.56

Thank you!

Experienced users recommend turning off auto update.  Either it doesn't work or creates problems along the way.

This is a good reference for manually updating firmware:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router 

The most important step is step one where it says to connect your computer to your router via an Ethernet cable.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 Tri-band WiFi Router (R8000P) Firmware won't update

The .50 version had issues with updating. Some had to send it back to netgear for replacement. 

If your within warranty, thats an option. or maybe @DarrenM can help with it. 

Otherwise, there's this option that worked for some: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R8000P-V1-4-1-50-Update-workaround/m-p/21718...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7