Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CM1100 not working with routers

Johnpope
Follower

Nighthawk CM1100 not working with routers

I have a CM1100 Nighthawk modem as well as a pro gaming XR500 router, i also attempted to use the Nighthawk X6 AC3200 tri-band router and i could not get the wifi to work. Everything states i have no internet. When i plug any device directly into the modem, i have internet that works fine. What’s going on?
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk CM1100 not working with routers

@Johnpope wrote:
I have a CM1100 Nighthawk modem as well as a pro gaming XR500 router, i also attempted to use the Nighthawk X6 AC3200 tri-band router and i could not get the wifi to work.

You don't say which X6 AC3200 you have, that's not a  model number, but using two routers at the same time is a recipe for chaos.

This explains some of the drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wireless access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every networking site you visit.

First get your network to work with one of the routers. Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide. And do things in exactly the order specified there. Anything else can fail.

When that is up and running, read the manual for  spare router and check how to set it up to work with the other one. Using it as a wireless access point, plugged into the other router, is best. Anything else is more complicated and might not even be possible for the hardware you own.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7