Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700 frequent wifi disconnects after firmware V1.0.2.8 update.

btv_94
Guide

Nighthawk R6700 frequent wifi disconnects after firmware V1.0.2.8 update.

I've been experiencing frequent wifi disconnects on all devices. All wired connection is still working.

Each time happens I have to recycle power both modem and router and everything is fine for about a day.

Any advice and suggestion would be appreciated.

The setup:

AC1750 Wifi Router (not a version number. AC1750)

Modem  Arris surfboard sb6183

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R6700 frequent wifi disconnects after firmware V1.0.2.8 update.

If you update firmware and have issues, a reasonable first step is to factory reset and reinstall. See if it helps.

If it doesn't, then you can downgrade the firmware. maybe that one has issues with your device. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you update firmware and have issues, a reasonable first step is to factory reset and reinstall. See if it helps.

If it doesn't, then you can downgrade the firmware. maybe that one has issues with your device. 

Message 2 of 5
btv_94
Guide

Thanks plemans for reply,

I'll do reset and reinstall as suggested and will report back.

Message 3 of 5
btv_94
Guide

I didn't reset the router since my last post. The router was working fine for 10 days, then it got disconnected. This time both wired and wifi didn't work through the router. I called spectrum tech support thinking that maybe the modem is the cause, but it's not the case. With single ethernet cable from modem to my desktop pc, the internet is working and was told by spectrum tech support that the problem is the router. 

So i did the factory reset and still nothing. Not sure if the new update cause the hardware to fail or the hardware itself just died.

Working from home, must have internet connection. Went out and get new router within 3 hours and everything is working again. 

Message 4 of 5
Haranadh
Tutor

I am assuing they are seeling defective equipments.  I am also facing the same issue. I am using verizon it's working directly with computer, but with router frequently disconnecting and not connecting again back with devises. for TV we need to give password again and again.

it's frustration.  I want to give back defective equipment with them for replacement.

Thanks

Hari

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7