Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700V3 Expressvpn firmware

duggu19
Follower

Nighthawk R6700V3 Expressvpn firmware

So i wanted to try out the Expressvpn firmware on my R6700V3 to see if it would work for my setup. Turns out it doesn't now it won't let me reinstall the Netgear firmware. Expressvpn customer service was of no help what so ever. So when i select the Netgear firmware i get no errors and the router disconnects then reconnects still on the Expressvpn firmware. Then after its reconnected and i select the same firmware it says " Invalid file. Upload again." I am using the latest firmware from Netgear.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk R6700V3 Expressvpn firmware

@duggu19 wrote:

So i wanted to try out the Expressvpn firmware on my R6700V3 to see if it would work for my setup. Turns out it doesn't now it won't let me reinstall the Netgear firmware.

Unfortunately, Netgear doesn't support third party firmware. You really need to ask the people who write it.

If you installed firmware on a device that does not claim to support it, you are a bit stuck.

The only option that comes to mind is TFTP.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

Unfortunately, we can't help with third party firmware. This forum is only for original NETGEAR firmware. You can try again contacting ExpressVPN.
Message 3 of 4

Google has several leads on the challenge, including, get this:

Restore the Original Firmware of a Router Running ExpressVPN

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7