Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 All LAN and the WAN Ports Quit Working

mdculp
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 All LAN and the WAN Ports Quit Working

Router was working fine and had no issues, but one day all the ethernet ports stopped working. The WAN port will not link to the cable modem and plugging the ethernet cables in does nothing. The wireless side seems to be working fine, just no internet. I have reset it several times and tried reverting to a previous firmware version with no luck. I plugged my old router in and everything works fine, so I do know it's something to do with the R7000. The router seems to boot up fine, it just doesn't recognise a cable being plugged into the ports. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Whoaru99
Apprentice

Perhaps the ports are just toast from some sort of an electrical surge/spike or some sort of internal failure.

If you've tried factory reset multiple times and can't connect to it then, unfortunately, it may be for the scrap pile. Best I got...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Whoaru99
Apprentice

Perhaps the ports are just toast from some sort of an electrical surge/spike or some sort of internal failure.

If you've tried factory reset multiple times and can't connect to it then, unfortunately, it may be for the scrap pile. Best I got...

Message 2 of 6
myersw
Master

If within the support window, contact support for a replacement. Netgear Ethernet ports seem to be tender for some reason. 

Message 3 of 6
mdculp
Aspirant

It very well could have been an electrical surge from a lightning strike about a month before it quit. It was extremely close and took out a cable box and television. Maybe it just took it a month to give up the ghost. Thanks for the response.

Message 4 of 6
mdculp
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I bought it from someone that couldn't use it after they bought it. They had already registered it though. I only gave $50 for it, so no big deal. Just hate to toss it when a buck fifty capacitor will probably fix it.     

Message 5 of 6
microchip8
Master

if you're shopping for a new router and want to stay with NETGEAR, I highly recommend to look at the R7800. It's one of the few models NG has that tends to have few issues

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7