Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 - Monitor bandwidth usage of individual devices?

GreenTurnips
Initiate

Nighthawk R7000 - Monitor bandwidth usage of individual devices?

Hi everybody, I hope you can help.

As it says in the title, im wondering if it's possible to check the bandwidth usage of individual devices connected to my Nighthawk R7000 (AC1900)

Someone on the network is uploading ridiculous amounts of data every single day, to the point that over 2 weeks I have totals of:

70gb up

260gb down

At times the simple task of logging in to an online game will say "login failed, no connection" and playing online games will frequently disconnect or lagg immensely. 

My broadband connection is 200mb down 20mb up - so it's a total joke that these problems should be happening.

I understand one solution to my problem would be to block each device one by one, until the problem stops, but I have 6 people and atleast 10 devices... so this method would cause problems for everybody in the house.

I'm pretty sure some idiot has torrent software running in the background and set to run at startup, so they have no idea they're doing it.

If i could identify to device which is responsible for all this uploading, I could block it and wait for them to complain about having no WiFi.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 - Monitor bandwidth usage of individual devices?

You can try enabling Dynamic QoS. You may have to upgrade the firmware to get the feature. Some details here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Networking-Apps/Bandwidth-monitoring-by-device/td-p/1209913

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

You can try enabling Dynamic QoS. You may have to upgrade the firmware to get the feature. Some details here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Networking-Apps/Bandwidth-monitoring-by-device/td-p/1209913
Message 2 of 3
GreenTurnips
Initiate

Thank you for that, I already looked at this thread you linked but I didn't read it very carefully.

Thanks for bringing to my attention again, I read each post 1 by 1 and realised what I was doing wrong!

Everybody is at work now but, the device list is now showing bandwidth usage per device.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series