Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 WILL power light illuminate with power supply plugged in and route button turned off

curiousbob
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 WILL power light illuminate with power supply plugged in and route button turned off

I live in US but router is in Mexico. Neighbor with access said no LED lights are visible on. My question: if the power supply is plugged in to a viable outlet and the on/off button is not pushed or is set to off, would the power light be on in any color? I am trying to diagnose long distance. If there is no power light and there is supposed to be one, I would know that the power supply is toast. I hope I made this clear and thank you.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 WILL power light illuminate with power supply plugged in and route button turned

if on/off button is set to off and power is connected to router, no lights will be visible.

also keep in mind that the user can disable the lights (except power LED) using the firmware GUI

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 WILL power light illuminate with power supply plugged in and route button turned

If power brick is plugged into a working outlet and the cord is plugged into the router I would expect to see the power light in some color when the switch is turned on. Does the remote end have a volt meter? If so it can be verified if the brick is good or not. 

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

if on/off button is set to off and power is connected to router, no lights will be visible.

also keep in mind that the user can disable the lights (except power LED) using the firmware GUI

Message 3 of 4
curiousbob
Aspirant

Thanks that is exactly the answer needed.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series