Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 WiFi

Treebeard
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 WiFi

This router is about 6 months old but has been given me grief two or three times a day for the past few weeks.   Wireless devices show that they are connected to the router with a strong signal and internet access, however there is no internet access.   If the device is plugged in directly to the router internet access works.  The router status page also says that the internet connection is good.   The only way to get wireless internet access is to reboot the router.  I suspect that a firmware upgrade caused the issue.   The firmware version is V1.0.6.28_1.1.83.  Should I reset it back to factory defaults?  Any other suggestions?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 WiFi

Of cocurse. I always manually down load the f/w file, then do the upgrade/downgrade. I don't let the router do it. Before starting the process reset the router >> finish f/w >> another reset >> configure the router(I don't even use old saved configuration file in this case).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Was there a good reason to upgrade your f/w when things are working good? Otherwise don't mess with f/w. If you have to upgrade regardless

because there is new version out, wait until others try first. If it sounds Ok, then go ahead to upgrade. "When it ain't broke. leave it be"!!!

Message 2 of 4
Treebeard
Aspirant

Yes, you are right but what's done is done.   

From what I have read since posting this question it appears doing a hard reset does not change the installed firmware.  However older versions of firmware are available for download from Netgear support.   Is it possible and "safe" to downgrade?  If so, what is the recommended version?

Message 3 of 4
VE6CGX
Master

Of cocurse. I always manually down load the f/w file, then do the upgrade/downgrade. I don't let the router do it. Before starting the process reset the router >> finish f/w >> another reset >> configure the router(I don't even use old saved configuration file in this case).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7