Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 as access point and USB3

Cecemel
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 as access point and USB3

I just bought this amazing router and was configuring it. Because I have a router from my service provider which is hard to switch off I'll use my netgear as access point and disabled the wireless from my provider. This is also the reason I bought it.

Everything works fine and fast but the USB3 readyshare is not working when my HDD drive is connected on the USB3 - port. On USB2 it works perfectly. When i use it as router and not as access point the USB3 is working fine. The problem is only there in AP mode.

Is it a known bug? Can it be fixed with new firmware? I would love to use the USB3-port as well because it is way faster and I use it as a NAS now for my HD movies to stream and copy to it (fast access needed).

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 as access point and USB3

Hi @Cecemel,

Welcome to Community!

I did try the configuration that you have and I was able to access both USBs connected on USB 2.0 and 3.0. The router was set as router and AP mode also. Have you performed factory reset or reload the firmware?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Cecemel,

Welcome to Community!

I did try the configuration that you have and I was able to access both USBs connected on USB 2.0 and 3.0. The router was set as router and AP mode also. Have you performed factory reset or reload the firmware?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
mondenath
Prodigy

Message 3 of 5
Cecemel
Aspirant

Reuploading the firmware seems to solve the problem. Strange cause it is the same firmware as before.

I did not try the limited release firmware, it probably works also but I prefer the latest stable versions and not the beta ones.

Thanks for the help guys!

Message 4 of 5
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Seems a number of problems have been fixed for some people simply by reloading the FW, especially when performing a factory reset to defaults in the process (which is highly recommended when load FW).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7