Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 telling me a firmware update is available, but not ...

netgear20
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 telling me a firmware update is available, but not ...

My admin page is telling me my firmware version is: V1.0.4.30_1.1.67

And it says "A router firmware upgrade is available" at the top of the page.

But when I click on the button I get the message "No new firmware version available."

Any ideas? I've bounced the router and no change.

Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 telling me a firmware update is available, but not ...

I suspect that happens because NG pulled the buggy version that is now in Beta and a few releases before that, but never reset the data that the router checks.

What you have is the lastest 'stable release' that works well for most people. Anything after that appears to give some people problems. Hopefully soon NG will release a tested stable bug free firmware update.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If you're determined to update then download from link ( downloads ) at the top of this page and manually update it. Grab the manual too.

Message 2 of 8

Same here, has been that way for a few months.... I am on the latest firmware and it still says an update is available.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 8
IrvSp
Master

I suspect that happens because NG pulled the buggy version that is now in Beta and a few releases before that, but never reset the data that the router checks.

What you have is the lastest 'stable release' that works well for most people. Anything after that appears to give some people problems. Hopefully soon NG will release a tested stable bug free firmware update.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Been using 4.30 for last two weeks and thankfully no update banner.  

Message 5 of 8
IrvSp
Master

@searay wrote:

Been using 4.30 for last two weeks and thankfully no update banner.  

Interesting? I had installed a later version and found it problematice so I went back to V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 version. Had the notice appearing immediately. I never reset anything when I went back, all settings seemed OK and never even powered the R7000 off. Possibly the data is stored in the Router of what the latest version is when one does a check and then compared?

In any case, it does seem that somehow V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 doesn't think it is the current version for some?

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

you have to reset after the revert is complete if you dont the ARLO SSID will still show up if you turn off the radios.

Message 7 of 8
IrvSp
Master

@searay wrote:

you have to reset after the revert is complete if you dont the ARLO SSID will still show up if you turn off the radios.

I did take down V1.0.6.28 but I never saw the Arlo SSID nor setting for it? Used it for awhile and found it problematic and went back. This was in early Jan. I've seen that update banner ever since I went back. Even did a complete reset with the back button and it didn't go away I recall. Now it is possible once I checked for update it appeared but it does say no update is available when doing that?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7