Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 won't connect to internet anymore

amj11
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 won't connect to internet anymore

My. router stopped running wifi so I'm using the terrrible wifi from my modem. 

I. have had this router for many months and a tech advised me it may have stopped due to the need for an update. I had it on and working for a couple of hours? then lost all internet - I called tech support that supplies modem but not router and they said I shouldn't use router so they had me disconnect it and use modem. Internet stopped working again, next tech said my router was awesome and I should be using it, then it wouldn't work - now the only lights that are on are the first 2 on the left (white solid lights)

I went to try and update - I am hardwired frrom my router to my Mac with aother cablle connecting. the modem to my router (not sure. if I need to be). On the back of my router it lists http://routerlogin.net, username admin, password is password 

I tried logging in twice and it didn't work and sent me to a password recovery page, asking for the serial number - also didn't work

I found a similarr article in the archives that directed the user to an ip address, same userr info - same as using routerlogin.net

Could the support person have changed any configuration in my router causing this issue? Do. I have to be connected wirelessly to the router or should this work wired? Should I remove the cable between the modem and router?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R7000 won't connect to internet anymore

might

@amj11 wrote:

My. router stopped running wifi so I'm using the terrrible wifi from my modem. 

Can you explain what "stopped working" means? Your wifi devices don't see the wifi? They see it but can't connect? The wifi LEDs have gone off?

@amj11 wrote:

I called tech support that supplies modem but not router and they said I shouldn't use router so they had me disconnect it and use modem. Internet stopped working again, next tech said my router was awesome and I should be using it, then it wouldn't work - now the only lights that are on are the first 2 on the left (white solid lights)

The problem could be with the combination of modem and router. That may be why one tech person told you not to use a router. One warning sign is the fact that your modem also does wifi. That means that it is probably a modem/router.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.
i

You seem to have been doing a lot of flailing around, so things ion your network  have got confused. This stuff all has to start in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7