Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) Router Bandwidth Limited to 100Mbps - Need Help!

Katherine_Ryan
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) Router Bandwidth Limited to 100Mbps - Need Help!

I'm facing a bit of an issue with my Nighthawk R7000P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) router and I was hoping to get some advice or insights from the community here.upgrade my home network. It's supposed to support much higher speeds, but I'm only getting around 100Mbps on my devices, both wired and wireless . Has anyone else faced a similar issue with the Nighthawk R7000P router or any other Nighthawk routers?

Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk R7000P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) Router Bandwidth Limited to 100Mbps - Need Help!

@Katherine_Ryan wrote:

I'm facing a bit of an issue with my Nighthawk R700P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) router

What firmware version do you have on the R7000P?

A number is more useful than "the latest". There may be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

If there is one it might also help if you told people the make and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that sits between this router and the Internet. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

I ask because a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

It's supposed to support much higher speeds, but I'm only getting around 100Mbps on my devices, both wired and wireless .

What speeds are you paying for?

Do you have decent cables, especially between the modem and router?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000P Wi-Fi 5 (AC) Router Bandwidth Limited to 100Mbps - Need Help!

Have you checked to see if you're connecting at gigabit speeds? 

How do I display Internet port statistics on my Nighthawk router? - NETGEAR Support

A sketchy cable can cause a drop from gigabit down to 10/100mbps. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7