Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R700P Will Not Download Apps To My Android Moto Z4

ratwagon-502
Guide

Nighthawk R700P Will Not Download Apps To My Android Moto Z4

My Nighthawk Router Model # R7000P Downloads Comcast Internet and TV Streaming and Connects to My Printer and my Android Motorola Phone Moto Z4 with no problems. My Download speeds thru comcast are ..Down...120 Megs..and Up about 6 megs. 

When I try to update apps from the play Store to my Moto Cell it will not download on WiFi. I have been at a friends house who also has Comcast and have had no problems using his router on WiFi to download apps from the Play Store. So it looks like it's my Nighthawk R700P. I have done an update about a month ago when promted on the Router Home screen. 

I am not an expert here but the only way I can Update apps is by turning WiFi OFF on the Cell and use 4LTE data. 

In searching the web I see that I might need some kind of reset. However....when I try to loginto the router It won't let me in. It tells me "user is ADMIN" and the  Password is "PASSWORD".

But after typing that in...I get incorrect log in???

Any help is appricated ..

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ratwagon-502
Guide

Re: Nighthawk R700P Will Not Download Apps To My Android Moto Z4

@plemans wrote:

How do I set up an IPv6 Internet connection on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

"Try using a different dns provider like google at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1"

Thanks for your help. I appreciate all the time you have given me. But at this point I have had it. This is the 2nd Nighthawk same model I have had that has given me a PITA.  The first one locked up after clicking on the factory update link in the router view. After calling support which was in another country I came away after 1.5 hours with a dead router.  Now out of no where this one decides to not donload apps from the play store thru WiFi. It was fine for a year but now is causing me to hunt remidies on the web and sign into forums like this one which are helpful but time consuming.

So, I just went out and bought a New Sony Router with phone support in the USA. Should be here tomorrow. I also have a another  Netgear Router AC2300 (R7000P) in the box. I'll blow that out cheap 

Again Thanks For Your Help....It's time to move on with my life and get off the keyboard.

Regards: Mark..(Ratwagon-65)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The default login is admin and default password is password. all lower case. 

But netgear requires you change them when you first setup a device. 

so you probably changed them. 

What modem/gateway is the r7000P connected to? 

What firmware version are you on? 

Are all devices having issues or jus tthe moto Z?

Message 2 of 11
ratwagon-502
Guide

Thanks for the reply Plemans,

No I did not change the original settings...admin...password  Etc. pretty sure i did lower case when entering the User and PW. So that's on me as this stuff is not my forta. Thank goodness there are smart people like you to help. 

"What modem/gateway is the r7000P connected to?" .......

It is a Surfboard... #SB6190 Brand is "Arris"

"What firmware version are you on?"

Just went out to netgear and checked.My R7000P has the Latest Firmware as per Netgear Computer Check. It Is FIrm V

V1.3.2.134

"Are all devices having issues or jus tthe moto Z?"

Just The Moto Z..everything else is fine... Got me confused????

Also..Managed to log into the router settings...found my correct PW.

Thanks Again for the Help.

Mark

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

Are you using armor? or parental controls? 

Using a different DNS provider? 

do you have IPv6 enabled/disabled? 

Message 4 of 11
ratwagon-502
Guide

@plemans wrote:

Are you using armor? or parental controls? 

Using a different DNS provider? 

do you have IPv6 enabled/disabled? 

Don't know if it is on or off. Would that be found under router settings, did not see that? ?? No parental Controls..

"DNS"....Using Comcast direct with one computer thru The Nighthawk Router

Don't know how to check to see that.. When I loged into router settings I did not see this Setting. Where  would that be?

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

How do I set up an IPv6 Internet connection on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Try using a different dns provider like google at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1

Message 6 of 11
ratwagon-502
Guide

@plemans wrote:

"Try using a different dns provider like google at 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

or cloudfare at 1.1.1.1"

Thanks for your help. I appreciate all the time you have given me. But at this point I have had it. This is the 2nd Nighthawk same model I have had that has given me a PITA.  The first one locked up after clicking on the factory update link in the router view. After calling support which was in another country I came away after 1.5 hours with a dead router.  Now out of no where this one decides to not donload apps from the play store thru WiFi. It was fine for a year but now is causing me to hunt remidies on the web and sign into forums like this one which are helpful but time consuming.

So, I just went out and bought a New Sony Router with phone support in the USA. Should be here tomorrow. I also have a another  Netgear Router AC2300 (R7000P) in the box. I'll blow that out cheap 

Again Thanks For Your Help....It's time to move on with my life and get off the keyboard.

Regards: Mark..(Ratwagon-65)

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

Good luck with your next device! 

to be honest, I didn't know sony made routers. 

What model did you find as I couldn't find any? 

Message 8 of 11
ratwagon-502
Guide

mto new router.jpgHere it is:

Motorola AC2600 4x4 WiFi Smart Gigabit Router with Extended Range, Model MR2600:...

About this item

• The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
  • Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
  • Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
  • Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
  • Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

Got it. Not a sony but a motorola. 

Makes a little more sense. Looks like a reasonable device. 

Message 10 of 11
ratwagon-502
Guide

Yep I messed up I was thing Moto but typed Sony..L.O.L. Tried to post a pic but the fourm Blocked it.. Google it.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7