Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7800 SLOW upload speed

Nighthawk R7800 SLOW upload speed

I have had this router for over a year now and it has worked great! I moved to a new city and switched my internet provider to AT&T Fiber ( 1,000 upload and 1,000 download). It has worked just fine for the past couple of months. Yesterday I noticed that I was unable to perform daily activities as before and ran a speed test and the results were around 800 mbps download and 0.07 mbps upload! I disconnected my nighthawk and just ran a test with my wifi to my AT&T modem and the speeds were around 500 down and 300 up, so I know the issue is within the nighthawk. My current firmware version is V1.0.2.82 which I believe is the latest version. Please help!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7800 SLOW upload speed

do you have the R7800 in the att's DMZ?

Or the R7800 in access point mode?

Otherwise you're in a double nat. 

When you moved, did you ever try factory resetting the router and reinstalling? Whenever I've switched providers/locations I've done that

Message 2 of 6

Im not exactly sure on the first 2 questions to be honest. But I can say that I did have to factory reset the nighthawk when I moved and had to set it up again. Can you walk me through the steps to hopefully fix it?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

some info on a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

The dmz option you'd need to look into your specific ISP's router manual to find. 

In terms of access point mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode-after-setting-it-up

Message 4 of 6

I put it in bridge mode and it sorta patched the problem. It will work for now. I appreciate your help!

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements