Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7900P X6S AC3000 Latest Firmware v1.4.2.84 Destroys DNS resolution

NetOp
Tutor

Nighthawk R7900P X6S AC3000 Latest Firmware v1.4.2.84 Destroys DNS resolution

Dear Netgear,

You have absolutely destroyed the functionality of my R7900P router with the new firmware release v1.4.2.84. Web sites never load the first time and many DNS queries timeout. Please fix it or refund my purchase. You can't simply publish updates that effectively brick my router and expect that to fly. I don't want to revert to previous firmware because it has dangerous security holes so I have no options other than run insecurely or have DNS queries timeout constantly. I have tested my ISP connection via bypassing the router and everything works perfectly. Please provide a solution or a full refund.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7900P X6S AC3000 Latest Firmware v1.4.2.84 Destroys DNS resolution

have you tried enabing ipv6 and then rebooting the router and devices?
thats fixed it for some. 

Others have needed to downgrade. 

Message 2 of 5
NetOp
Tutor

IPv6 is already enabled and but I tested again for good measure (when I can get DNS to load). Continuous ping works perfectly when DNS resolution works but more often than naught the first attempt to load a web page fails DNS resolution. I don't have any special settings in the router except a couple of DHCP reservations.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

One other option you can try before downgrading is to setup different dns servers for both the ipv4 and ipv6 settings. 

Have you tried that? 

If so and  you're still having issues, downgrade the firmware a version. 

Message 4 of 5
NetOp
Tutor

Firmware Version
V1.4.3.88_1.3.50

Is still broken SINCE RELEASE with a bunch of ineffective workaround posts and lack of real Netgear support. Netgear has essentially bricked my router through negligence. I have tried multiple IPv6 workarounds and complete resets. Netgear needs to take this seriously and be accountable or Ill  keep posting about their maleficence and sharing the terrible experience they have brought to me as a paying customer.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7