Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7900P - can't' reserve IP address - responds with invalid MAC address

AKCoach
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7900P - can't' reserve IP address - responds with invalid MAC address

Nighthawk R7900P  - Firmware Version V1.4.4.94_1.3.56 

I'm trying to reserve IP address for a device (ARLO home security base station) that is currently attached and functional.  When I check the box next to its line and go to add it, i receive this response:

Invalid MAC address. FC9C9818330D

I need this to be a reserved device, as I need to be able to access camera recordings when I'm not at home, but the IP address keeps changing. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7900P - can't' reserve IP address - responds with invalid MAC address

You'll need to revert back to prior working FW version as NG hasn't put out a beta for the R7900P since it's EoL. 

Sorry.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7900P - can't' reserve IP address - responds with invalid MAC address

You'll need to revert back to prior working FW version as NG hasn't put out a beta for the R7900P since it's EoL. 

Sorry.

Message 2 of 6
AKCoach
Aspirant

Thanks!  I'll give it a try.

Message 3 of 6

@AKCoach wrote:

I'm trying to reserve IP address for a device (ARLO home security base station) that is currently attached and functional. 

What are you doing?

Why do you want to do that?

Arlo hubs don't need that sort of tweaking.

I have two or three on line at any one time. No IP address reservation needed.

Message 4 of 6
AKCoach
Aspirant

Without a reserved IP address, if there's a power outage and my router restarts, the Arlo gets a newly assigned random IP address. I do not use Arlo's subscription service; I store saved videos locally. In order to view the video library when not on my home LAN, the ports for the Arlo IP address must be forwarded.  If the IP keeps changing, I can't view the library, so when I receive a message that something triggered the Arlo camera, I am unable to see what that was. By rolling back the firmware as the first response indicated, this problem as been solved.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series