Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router Model R7500

llmatt123
Tutor

Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router Model R7500

I've installed a new Ring Security System and connected the base station to my router with the supplied ethernet cable.  In doing so, I get an orange blinking led light on that ethernet port.  I've checked the connection through Ring tech service, and they can see that it is active and working properly, and suggested I check with the router manufacturer.  

I've moved the wire to a different port, tried the connection with a different ethernet wire.  I also checked for any router updates it's up to date.  I then pushed the reset button and reset the router, and still it comes back with an orange blinking light.

Since everything seems to be working properly, should I accept the light as normal?  Any other suggestions that I may try?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router Model R7500

Orange light on the router's LAN port(s) indicates it's operating at 10 or 100 Mbps speeds instead of 1 Gbps (white light). Nothing to worry about. Your station most likely uses a 100 Mbps network chip inside.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Orange light on the router's LAN port(s) indicates it's operating at 10 or 100 Mbps speeds instead of 1 Gbps (white light). Nothing to worry about. Your station most likely uses a 100 Mbps network chip inside.
Message 2 of 3
llmatt123
Tutor

Thank you for this confirmation.  Good to know all is well.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7