Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 dropping internet after installation of firmware update - 1.0.4.18

R0llTide
Tutor

Nighthawk X6 R8000 dropping internet after installation of firmware update - 1.0.4.18

I have owned the R8000 router for a little over a year now and have not had any issues with it until after the latest firmware update - 1.0.4.18.  Now I have to restart the router almost daily because it continues to drop the internet connection.  Is there a way to revert to the previous version until the issue with the current update is corrected?  I also tried a factory reset of the router over the weekend and the problem still exists (I had to restart to restore the connection).  I have also confirmed no issue with my ISP so the issue is solely with the router.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 dropping internet after installation of firmware update - 1.0.4.18

You can click on SUPPORT at the top, enter R8000 and search. You'll see a box for pressing for DOWNLOADS. At the bottom of the list is PREVIOUS VERSIONS with a +. Click on it and pick the prior one to download. Unzip it and then install it via ADVANCED tab ADMINISTRATION, ROUTER UPDATE and point to the unzipped .CHK file and install. Will probably need to RESET and RE-Enter settings as well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

You can click on SUPPORT at the top, enter R8000 and search. You'll see a box for pressing for DOWNLOADS. At the bottom of the list is PREVIOUS VERSIONS with a +. Click on it and pick the prior one to download. Unzip it and then install it via ADVANCED tab ADMINISTRATION, ROUTER UPDATE and point to the unzipped .CHK file and install. Will probably need to RESET and RE-Enter settings as well.

Message 2 of 5
R0llTide
Tutor

Thanks, I installed the previous update.  I will monitor the next few days to see if the issue is resolved.

Message 3 of 5
Sheriffen82
Initiate

Is it stable now?
Message 4 of 5
R0llTide
Tutor

Rolling back to the previous update resolved my issue. I have not restarted my router since the rollback.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7