Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 R8000 with access points X6S EX8000 - guest SSIDs

Ibaroj
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000 with access points X6S EX8000 - guest SSIDs

I set up the router with Smart Connect enabled, so all 3 bands use the same SSIDs. But the guest network on the router does NOT offer this option and does not allow me to use the same SSID for more than one band.

Curiously, the access points DO offer Smart Connect for the guest network, so I enabled it there. So now I have a main router with 3 guest network names and extra access points with one guest network, all bands enabled.

Is there a workaround to allow the router to have the same Smart feature as the access points? Latest firmware is on all.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 with access points X6S EX8000 - guest SSIDs

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Nope
Message 2 of 3
Ibaroj
Aspirant

In that case, if I don't want so many networks appearing, I can either (a) shut off two of the guest radios in the router or (b) shut off all the radios in the router and wire another access point not far away to handle that area, or (c) buy a new router. Any other options?

For (a), would there be any problem with the wired access points accepting guest connections on any of the bands while the router they connected to doesn't? I would assume it's ok because once the client device is connected by wifi, it's all wired.

I thought I would get the most compatibility by buying the same Netgear series for router and points. I guess not!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7