Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S AC3000 MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Router have no internet

douglo
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S AC3000 MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Router have no internet

My router was working normally until one day when I woke up, no device detected the router's Wi-Fi network, and the main router did not detect the device (it is worth mentioning that the router used it as a secondary router to provide Wi-Fi and it was connected through an outlet. internet on the wall to the main wifi) now the router still has the same problem and it won't let me factory reset it either because pressing the reset button for several seconds doesn't make the light blink as indicated in the manual, and I can't access the router via connection either. lan because none of the ports detect devices
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6S AC3000 MU-MIMO Smart Wi-Fi Router have no internet

what are the led's on it doing? 

Did you hold the reset for up to 15 seconds while powered on? 

Is it in access point mode side its a secondary router?

Message 2 of 8
douglo
Aspirant

- The LEDs turn on well, in the first instance, but the internet LED does not (check if it is the cable, but it is fine), then the wifi network LEDs do turn on only that there is no signal and if I connect an Ethernet cable the leds don't turn on.
- When the router starts up, first those LEDs that I mentioned turn on well, then they turn off, followed by the Internet and Ethernet LEDs that turn on briefly, but they turn off and it goes back to the previous thing that I mentioned and until there it remains, it does not receive or give a signal nowhere.
- As for restarting, I tried it even longer and it didn't reset, the LEDs remained the same and nothing changed.
- At first I didn't configure it as an access point, I forgot that, but it worked since it is the secondary router, but since I can't access the router anywhere I can't place it as an access point.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Did you replace the cable? Sometimes a cable checker will be fine but the cable not be fine because a cable tester just sends a signal that it either receives or not. A sketchy cable can pass electricity but a bad signal when it encodes information. 

Message 4 of 8
douglo
Aspirant

- The router is connected to the internet company's modem.
- I changed the cable to test but still had the same problem.

Message 5 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@douglo wrote:

- The router is connected to the internet company's modem.
- I changed the cable to test but still had the same problem.

The internet company's modem, does it have a brand name and model number?  Please look on the label.

Need to know in case it is a combination modem/router.

The router does not need to be connected to the modem in order to access the user interface.  Disconnect the router and reboot it with no Ethernet cables attached.  You should be able to see and connect to the Wi-Fi to access the user interface.

Message 6 of 8
douglo
Aspirant

The model of the modem is Arris tg2482A which is also a router.
If you try removing the ethernet cable, but the router still does not give a Wi-Fi signal even with the LEDs on.

Message 7 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@douglo wrote:

The model of the modem is Arris tg2482A which is also a router.
If you try removing the ethernet cable, but the router still does not give a Wi-Fi signal even with the LEDs on.

When you connect a second router downstream from the first, the two routers fight each other for control of the local network.  A configuration referred to as double NAT. 

See information here:  https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-double-NAT-and-why-is-it-bad

If you have no Wi-Fi being broadcast with the Wi-Fi indicators illuminated, there is a chance your unit has gone bad.  In particular if you have not been successful in performing a firmware default reset. 

Are you aware the Wi-Fi LED indicators are also a switch?  Push and hold for several seconds before releasing.  Toggling the radios off/on may start them to working again.  If the Wi-Fi radios are turned off with the Wi-Fi switch, a default reset will not turn them back on.  You have to manually turn the radios back on using the switch with the unit powered up.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7