Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S R7960P Mac Error Firmware Version 1.4.4.94 Bug Fix

Dfixit1
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6S R7960P Mac Error Firmware Version 1.4.4.94 Bug Fix

Got tired of the Netgear delay in fixing the firmware bug, when you try to assign IP addresses on the LAN (Mac error), so today I reverted to the previous version firmware. If you go to the firmware downloads you can find it below the firmware that caused this issue by selecting the down arrow. Download and unzip in a file. Login to router with a computer connected to a lan port. Backup your settings and then install the previous version from the file on your computer. If you’re unsure how to do it, download the user manual and you’ll find the page with instructions. When you install you’ll get a warning it’s an older version, install anyway. My router is connected to a UPS so I don’t have to worry about the power dropping, ie electrical outage. After uploading it installs and reboots. Then after logging back in you’ll be able to assign ip’s without the pesky MAC address error. Worked like a champ and didn’t have to beg for an untested beta fix that was in another post. BTW this is the 2nd time the firmware has caused an issue. The first time the firmware bricked my router and Netgear replaced it thanks to my Costco purchase. They decided to replace rather that have me return it to Costco. Did you know if purchased on your Citi Bank Costco card it doubles the warranty? 😇 Love Costco but I think the next upgrade is going to be a TP Link. Sorry Netgear 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7960P.aspx#docs

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6S R7960P Mac Error Firmware Version 1.4.4.94 Bug Fix

There is a beta FW that fixes this...

Message 2 of 5
Dfixit1
Aspirant

36EA9697-E2CB-4C18-9680-D3F98208D867.jpeg

Message 3 of 5
Dfixit1
Aspirant

Worked like a champ and didn’t have to beg for an untested beta fix that was in another post.”

Why hasn’t Netgear addressed this ASAP? Beta fix? I’ve been a beta tester and not sure if I want to run my WiFi with beta firmware……thanks.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

NG has addressed it. Works for others. 

Good luck then. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation