Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X8 and fibre to the curb

Davidhere
Aspirant

Nighthawk X8 and fibre to the curb

Hi all (I posted this in the main forum too)

3 years ago I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk X8...an expensive purchase but it worked great. Recently we moved house and our broadband coonection changed from Fibre To The Node to Fibre To The Curb....my ISP sent me a new modem which has a WAN port for the internet, and it works well.

I have tried hooking up my X8 to the broadband box (using the Internet port on the back, there is no WAN port) and could not get a  signal. Is there a way around this and is it worth doing? 

My ISP sent me a TP-Link VX420-G2V modem (which seems pretty basic)...is the X8 superior and better to use?

Thank you for your help!

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
nancychandler34
Aspirant

I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply. Thanks in advance.

Myindigocard

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

the TP-Link VX420-G2V is the modem thats connected to the fibre? Or what ont/gateway is it you have? 

Message 3 of 5
Davidhere
Aspirant

The TP-Link VX420-G2V modem is connected to a NBN FTTC Network Connection Box.

cheers,

David.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

You should be able to connect to the fibre ONT to get it working. Without knowing more abou it its tough to say 100% through. 

You can always connect the netgear to the tp-link and put the netgear in access point mode. that'd let you test the speed/reliability of both devices and see which works better for you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7