Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk is not giving me Wifi or Ethernet speeds that I should be getting. Please help!

priest29213
Aspirant

Nighthawk is not giving me Wifi or Ethernet speeds that I should be getting. Please help!

To make a long story short, I'm starting to feel dumb because I can't get the internet speeds that I should be getting. I have 300Mbps internet through Spectrum. When I bypass my router and connect directly to my modem, I test at 350Mbps. However, when I connect through my router, I don't get Wifi or Ethernet speeds higher than 100Mbps. I have scoured the settings on my router, because I certainly thought I knew what I was doing, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I even ran the router setup all over again just to try it. I have no idea what to do at this point, but I need a solution. Am I misunderstanding something? Does this router not support those speeds? Or is there a setting that I'm missing? Or is it defective? Someone please help! Thank you!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Nighthawk is not giving me Wifi or Ethernet speeds that I should be getting. Please help!

What color is the internet led?

Have you chek to see if the firmware is up to date?

Qos could be a issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Nighthawk is not giving me Wifi or Ethernet speeds that I should be getting. Please help!

What color is the internet led?

Have you chek to see if the firmware is up to date?

Qos could be a issue.

Message 2 of 4
priest29213
Aspirant

All my lights are white. Firmware is good. QoS hasn't been modified that I recall. Here is my statistics screen: https://m.imgur.com/gmtNswp
Message 3 of 4
priest29213
Aspirant

YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. I went back to check QoS settings, not even thinking it could be an issue. Automatic QoS still had an old bandwidth loaded in. Changed it to 350Mbps, BOOM. Full speed ahead! Thank you so much!!!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7